Precious Dominics from ABSU Law Clinic-Personal Reflection




Visiting the prison that day for my assignment gave me joy. Speaking with the prison officials was elevating. As we were ushered in, I felt the pride of being a law student.
Prior to that day, I learnt from someone who shared her experience of how poor the record keeping of the prison she visited was, how a detainee remained in prison custody 6 months after he was discharged by the court.

Having obtained CHIMA ANYANWU'S CTC of court proceedings and charge sheet days before where I learnt he had been discharged due to lack of diligence by the prosecution, I set out for Okigwe prison to know if he had been released from prison custody.

That day, I realized that after all, not all prisons were bad at keeping records as the detainee I was sent to confirm had been released was released the same day he was discharged by the court.

Kudos to ABSU LAW CLINIC

Comments