Yemitan Toluwalase, Unilorin Law Clinic


Yemitan Toluwalase, Unilorin Law Clinic

The OSIWA/NULAI prison decongestion project has gone a long way in refining my ideals and
thoughts about the whole practice of law.

The first visit to Mandala Medium Security Prison which I was oportuned to go for was a career
changing experience to a tid bit of what the prison life entails and an eye opener that majority of
inmates were not even convicted yet, but still they had spend almoat more than the terms of
punishment of the offense they were alledged to have committed.

In the same vein, my first experience of client interviewing was indeed an exact play out of the
lectures on handling a client interviewing session with difficult clients. However, it ended up
being a piece of cake as the theories of these principles played out in reality.

Other simple tasks in the clinic also made me committed to a cause. This has in turn fueled my
desire to know more and do more.

The most recent experience which was the court duty has also enlightened me on court processes
and etiquettes which was a really refreshing experience.

In all, the learning Process has been superb .

Comments