Nmasinachi Obioma from Abia State University-Personal Reflection





Based on the NULAI PRE-TRIAL DETAINEE PROJECT, ABSU LAW CLINIC has taken the reins to ensure that inputs are being made towards securing better and faster access to justice. 
I personally acquired better knowledge of my practical skills through this process. So far, my reflections at the prison was wonderful because I was able to interview a handful of inmates who are on bail but wasn't aware of their bail conditions which I was able to find out and I am currently working on their release. 
I am opportune to work with 3 clients(case mates) who were charged with Stealing before a Magistrate Court, also granted bail but it is yet to be finalised. I contacted their next of kin through the numbers gotten from them in the course of their interview, we have gone to the court for their charge sheet and everything should be done by Monday 9th July, 2018. I also took note of the fact that relevant authorities has to be drawn to ensure that proper security systems and measures should be done to avoid escape from the prisons and that more staff be employed to reduce inefficiency and delay. 
I cannot begin to thank NULAI enough for the opportunity to participate in this exercise.

Comments