MOSHOOD ABDULMAJEED ADENIYI- UNILORIN LAW CLINIC

MOSHOOD ABDULMAJEED ADENIYI

UNILORIN LAW CLINIC


MY EXPERIENCE
A lot has been experienced, but one significant experience I got in the course of this project
happened on a particular visitation to oke-kura prison. On that day, rain fell in the early hours
of the day and on getting to the prison, we were not allowed to enter not to talk of interviewing
the detainees. The prison official that attended to us made a statement, he said "we treat this
people like salt". So the simple lesson I learnt from this is that despite our readiness and
preparation physically and mentally, the simple fact that it rained earlier that day could hinder
our entry to the prison and consequently disallow us from doing what we went to do.

WHAT WAS LEARNT

During the course of this project, I have learnt a lot of things among which are:
 How to conduct an interview generally
 And specifically, the necessary information required while interviewing a detainee
 I have also learnt how to write summary of cases and report writing.

HOW I FEEL BEING PART OF THE PROJECT

Being part of this project is something that I am glad about simply because it has exposed me to
a lot of things that even some of my classmates would have no idea of, both practically and
administrative-wise in this legal field.


HOW THE EXPERIENCE CHANGE MY PERSPECTIVE

The experiences I got from being part of this project has changed my perspective in different
ways, one of this is that I have been made to understand that apart from the criminal justice
system, there are several other factors affecting criminal trial in Nigeria

CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION

This kind of project, because of its purpose and objective should be done from time to time
considering the rate at which people are accused, arrested and arraigned before the court.

Comments