Abdulkareem Abdulhamid from Unilorin Clinic: Reflection


It has been a wonderful experience so far as a clinician and as a project participants. The project hasn't only exposed me to the workings of our criminal system but as well taught me some mundane lessons especially as a young man; this is borne from the stories of the various detainees that we have interviewed.

Through this project, I have been able to acquaint myself with the criminal litigation processes, the drafting of bail applications, motions e.t.c thus fulfilling one of my aims in joining the Legal Aid Clinic which is the honing of my skills as a legal student. Non-members of the Clinic now envy us from afar due to the humongous achievements we have made so far. In fact, a Masters student of our faculty was awed as what we've done so far-this is to quantify how far we have come with the project and the progress that has been made so far by myself and my other project participants.

This reflection wouldn't be complete without acknowledging the fact that the progress made with the project so far is because the sponsors of the project have adequately supported us financially, this goes without saying that money is the vehicle that drive every successful gospel.
I look forward to participating more actively in the project till its successful completion.

Comments