Paul Ebuka Nwaokolo from NSUK Clinic: Reflection

 
I participated in the Nulai/Osiwa pretrial detention project and it was a wonderful experience. I was able to reach out practically to people who have had no access to Justice and together with my team (Team A) we were able to help a good number of the detainees get bail. 
The exercise exposed me to the pitiable situation most of the inmates were in.  I got to understand that if we do not go out to seek justice for these people then we would just be allowing a lot of lives (even innocent ones)  waste in prison. 
Through this exercise I have practically seen the need of lawyers engaging in legal aid in this society. 
I would like to thank NULAI and OSIWA who without any doubt provided the platform and resources for students like us to take part in such an exercise. I must say that it was an eye opener for me. Legal aid is a must for every Lawyer that really seeks justice for those people who have been denied access to it. 

Comments